About This Role:
- Lead in the allocation of resources for the department to develop and implement sustainable continuous improvement for the production process. This is achieved by using the continuous improvement tools and processes developed during the project.
- Provide analytical support to ideas owners on the measuring and tracking of the success of ideas, generated through the improvement process.
In This Role You Will:
- Direct the development of appropriate templates, tools and procedures for business improvement to assist with the implementation, maintenance and enhancement of improvements across site.
- Assist with the development and implementation of effective processes off managing and tracking these procedures for sustainability and enhancement.
- Submit weekly reports for general management reviews, weekly RARs and the daily work plan reviews.
- Minimize work area costs through the identification and elimination of non-value adding work process and elimination of waste.
- Maintain high standards of performance and processes in accordance.
- Ensure the development and delivery of effective training on core business improvement, tools and systems.
- Ensure that department personnel receive appropriate support in the management/ implementation of continues improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that department personnel have a clear understanding of the value creation process (and/or value destruction risks) in the department i.e., how does management add / destroy value.
- Provide the lead in developing work plans for continuous improvement for core and support services department processes.
- Support all owners of variances and coach owners to ensure effective explanation and actions.
- Identify inconsistencies between the KPI’s of individuals in the department and improvement objectives and advise the Head of Department (HOD) how these might be improved.
- Work cooperatively with others and ensure team effectiveness.
- Ensure all induction and refresher training programmes include exposure to operational excellence and continuous improvement principles, processes and practices.
- Ensure that all team members have a clear understanding of their role and accountability related to operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all team members have a clear understanding on how operational excellence and continuous improvement relate to the performance management process.
Analysis Data Maintenance Initiative Evaluation
- Participate in the idea generating process, providing support through facilitation, coordination of ideas, and the evaluation (analysis) of ideas.
- Provide quantifiable results to idea owners.
- Support idea owners, to ensure timely implementation of ideas.
- Provide rapid and timely communications of key physicals and counter-physicals to facilitate the rapid optimization/halting of ideas.
- Provide support for the permanent measurement and review of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), cascaded though the organization.
- Provide support for the continuous analysis and updating of performance targets and visual boards cascaded though the organization.
- Maintain Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Database and Business Intelligence (BI) tools and templates database in PIPWare and any other tools, used to support Business Intelligence (BI) process.
- Updates visual board charts to support department’s meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in a mining and engineering discipline is preferred.
- Knowledge around risk and change management.
- Business improvement.
- A minimum of 3 – 7 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in training and facilitation.
- Advance administrative skills.
- Advance analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advance mathematical ability.
- Advance communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advance computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Advance project / program management and coordination skills.
- Advance facilitation / consultation and management skills.
- Advance planning and organizing skills.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Risk management and change management skills.
- Research and reporting skills.
- Business continuity management skills.
- Capacity planning skills.
- Motivational and networking skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Quality management skills.
- Goal oriented.
- Takes initiative.
- Safety conscious.
- Customer focused.
- Attention to details.
- Work well under pressure.
- Position is located at the Ahafo South mine.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
- Incumbent occasionally has to work overtime.