Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing, and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments, and consumers. The technology is complex, but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
Does creating and maintaining meaningful relationships with multiple layers of stakeholders within local communities come naturally to you? Are you a natural communicator who is able to use the power of storytelling to sell the impact of project activities to create positive, long-lasting partnerships across different stakeholder groups? At Zipline, your work will result in the creation of community legacies and impacts, with customers and stakeholders counting on you every day, so there is no time for ambiguous communication or aiming low. If building rapport with external stakeholders, helping internal teams better live and represent Zipline’s cherished values, and leveraging your technical skills to build and maintain mutually beneficial long-lasting stakeholder relationships match your experience and interests, READ ON!
Zipline believes access to medical care should not depend on your GPS coordinates. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies on 3 continents around the world right now, 7 days a week. Are you interested in supporting the team and a system that 200 million people will depend on with their lives?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create awareness of Zipline’s service in the communities we serve through running community events, conducting community visits, hosting visits at our site, and more
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and community champions
- Coordinate opportunities to give back to the community, including blood drives and community events
- Design a community awareness plan for the understanding of new use cases
- Help the team understand and live Zipline’s values
- Develop community bonds within and across our sites
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all Zipliners
- Meet regularly with each team member at the site
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You have 3-5 years of significant prior experience working with people and communities on programs (candidates with strong relevant experience working with community-based multinational non-profit organizations are preferred)
- You can communicate effectively (verbally and in writing), are comfortable speaking in front of large groups, and have experience building strong and high-trust relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders
- You are detail-oriented and have experience organizing successful in-person events for large groups
- You have the grit, resourcefulness, and resilience to thrive in novel, uncertain, and constantly-changing business and regulatory environments
- You believe deeply that access matters and that we can and will provide access to essential medical supplies for every person on the planet
- You need to speak proficient English and have a high level of fluency in any Akan language
- You have experience in project management, evaluation, and monitoring
- You must be eligible to work in Ghana
- This position is based in Mpanya (Asante Mampong), Ghana
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!