- Monitor to ensure the safety of the grade control crew including contractors doing work for the geology section
- Plan and organize all in-pit shift grade control activities – this includes, but not limited to drilling, sampling, blast leveling, mark out, tallying and floor cleaning
- Supervise grade control RC drilling and sampling to ensure that quality is guaranteed during the data gathering stage of the grade control process.
- Obtain production samples (stockpile & belt) at the agreed specific time intervals
- Deliver all field grade control samples (RC, stockpile, face, belt, etc) at the agreed designated sample submission/preparation area
- Submit timely samples to the assay laboratory.
- Supervise the day-to-day (or shift) ore mining to minimize dilution, maximize recovery and prevent ore misclassification/misdirection.
- Conduct Shit/daily Reconciliation between the in-pit ore truck tallies and that of the ROM stockpiles
- Monitor the ore stockpiles to ensure that the various grade categories get to their respective fingers
- Check the work of Junior Geologists, Spotters and Samplers and ensuring daily update of records occurs correctly
- Collaborate with the Resource Geologist and Geotechnical Engineer to be effective and efficient.
- Undertake in-pit geological mapping to aid interpretation, modeling, and ore perimeter design (ore blocks) as directed by the Superintendent Mine Geologist.
- BSc Geological Engineering, Geology, Earth Science, or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of one (1) year post working experience in a related field within the mining industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to follow instructions through a standard work process, perform routine tasks and check work for accuracy before completion of tasks
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with people, including high performing professional team
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicle