Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Are you an innovative HR professional with the experience of working in a fast-paced operational environment? We have a fantastic opportunity for a Human Resource Operations Manager to join our team in Kumasi – Ghana. The role reports to the Human Resource Manager – West Africa.
The HR Operations Manager is responsible for the smooth and effective day to day running of the HR function. He/she oversees the complete employee life cycle from hire to retire, ensures smooth implementation of HR policies, procedures, and initiatives. He/she will oversee the short- term goals of the HR team and measure performance to ensure continuous improvement and service delivery excellence. The role holder is also required to support the company’s Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality objectives.
- Oversee day-to-day HR operations across Sandvik West Africa, assigning tasks and assuring their completion, while accomplishing own goals.
- Oversee full-cycle recruitment of new employees, including advertisements, interviewing, consulting with hiring managers and managing orientation and onboarding processes and measure its effectiveness.
- Provide front line coaching and support to employees and line management on all HR related matters.
- Provide HR expertise in the areas of employee relations, development and coaching, compensation, and organizational development.
- Ensure HR-related forms and documents are completed in accordance with established guidelines so that HR-related matters are administered quickly and accurately.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to HR, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Act as custodian of employee data – ensure employee records are maintained in the Company’s HRIS so that information is accurate and secure.
- Ensure the required input for payroll management is provided monthly.
- Source and facilitate the provision of services from other parts of HR.
- Develop, implement, and secure follow through on activities needed to develop a culture of a high performing organization.
- Implement employee engagement initiates as per people strategy.
- Analyze and interpret various types of employee reports (e.g., compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions to management.
- Use appropriate metrics to ascertain program and HR service delivery level.
- Preparation of HR reports covering HR activities and trends.
- Support Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality objectives.
- Ensure Non-National employees have the required work and residence permits
- Manage local content compliance processes
- Support all organizational communication
Qualification & Experience
You have a suitable educational background (University Degree, Master’s Degree), An HR professional qualification and a minimum of ten years’ experience. Mining/Extractive industry experience is a plus. You have excellent communication, engagement and influencing skills. Your way of working is proactive, consultative and business oriented. You are used to working well with tight deadlines and changing priorities and in an international environment. You have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, customer and market/business focus, with strong sense of efficiency and people management. As we act in a global business environment, this role requires fluent English language skills and willingness to travel. French language skills would be an added advantage.
You’ll possess a breadth of HR experience to enable to you act as a trusted advisor on a wide range of HR processes and policies. You’ll be comfortable with a range of HR systems and will be able to work collaboratively to deliver against deadlines in a busy environment. You’ll also have experience of leading and delivering HR process improvements and HR projects, which you’ll draw on to roll out initiatives in line with our People Strategy. Your strong communication and stakeholder management skills will enable you to build strong relationships at all levels. Ability to participate and contribute to the Sandvik global HR community and projects within the following domain: talent acquisition, learning and development, employee engagement and performance management, compensation and benefit as well as HR technology.