At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
The Roaming Technical Specialist is primarily responsible for facilitating the implementation of roaming services between Vodafone markets and international roaming partners. The role concentrates on delivery of new services and maintaining existing relationships to enhance inbound and outbound roaming revenue.
The position will require management of partners, vendors and internal Vodafone teams to ensure targets are achieved.
- Manage and coordinate the internal and external Service Implementation process, while maintaining control of the rollout of services in the Vodafone Markets
- Follow-up on status of roaming partners progress at all stages in the implementation process
- Manage the sending and receiving of test documentation, TAP file generation and validation, TAPOUT/TAPIN process support including TAP Completion Certificates, and assist with Test SIMs (both internally and externally)
- Coordinate in conjunction with Commercial, technical and IT team for ongoing test Proposing launch date
- Perform administrative tasks related to management of the roaming, IREG/TADIG testing, communication with vendor and/or roaming partners, internal departments, and revenue assurance
- Assist IREG/TADIG team in trouble shooting & resolving any roaming related complaints when required, especially with regards to contacts within internal, vendor and roaming partner roaming teams
- Liaise with Fraud team for Roaming Sim monitoring against High usage / SIM Inventory management; Follow up with Network and Billing issues and provide regular updates on activities
- Regularly conduct health checks and routine tests for both Outbound and Inbound to ensure Voice, Data and SMS services are working
- Work closely with VRS and prospective Partners to increase footprint as per the strategy from Commercial team
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
Professional / Technical Skills
- University degree in telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering + CCNA (Mandatory)
- 5+ or more years of experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Design and deployment experience of key network systems/nodes through the full delivery lifecycle from initial design to full operational handover.
- Experience in CS Core Network technologies and telecommunications knowledge. Familiar with protocols and signalling such as MAP, ISUP,CAP, BICC, SS7, SIGTRAN,IMS etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of IP technologies and services including Converged Packet Network (CPN), Packet Switched Core(SGSN/GGSN, MME, SGPW,CGW), virtualisation technologies
- Experience of network and service planning, architecture, design, integration and acceptance test procedures.
- Good working knowledge of 3GPP, IETF and GSMA standards (2G, 2.5G, 3G and 4G/LTE network) and architectures
- Unix/Linux working knowledge with scripting
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.