At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
The Alternative Channels Manager provides expert knowledge to deliver the execution of sales activities for both business and consumer customer bases including building and maintaining enablers to support sales processes in line with sales policies and processes, which include administration, training and sales tools.
The Alternative Channels Manager focusses upon the supervision of a team, who focus on activities related to bid management and contract management (delivering the bid processes, service tasks, contract reporting and reviews for the assigned area/market).
Typically reports to the General Sales S&D
Key Accountabilities and Decision Ownership
- Partner management – recruit new partners, manage the account end to end to deliver key objectives which include but not limited to primary airtime purchases, devices and other sellables.
- Creating new channels – Explore new possible channels to expand both reach and coverage relevant to territories
- Airtime purchase – ensure assigned monthly primary airtime purchases and secondary sales to prevent out of stocks in trade.
- Growth contribution in digital penetration – attainment of the digital airtime contribution assigned to third party reloads.
- Acquisition of subscribers through the created channels in support of the CMS growth
- Customer satisfaction – management of trade partners in a mutually beneficial and ethical manner to foster a win win relationship
- Device Sales – grow subscribers through the sales of devices quality gross adds
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Experience
- Numerate and strong attention to detail: Able to manage budgets
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and innovatively to make needed business decisions
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and resourceful in achieving success while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial along with a proven ability to influence others internally and externally
- Project Management skills
Technical and Professional Qualifications
Minimum of First degree or its equivalent) Master’s degree will be an added advantage
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.