SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES GHANA is a child welfare organization that provides a stable Family-Like Care (FLC) for children in need. We also provide social services for families at risk through our Family Strengthening Projects. Currently, we operate in four locations; Tema, Asiakwa, Kumasi, Tamale with the National Office in Accra.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and dynamic persons for appointment as Social Worker:
Under the leadership of the Alternative Care Coordinator, the Social Worker will support Caregivers in the discharge of their duties of providing care for children in their family houses. This includes direct work with the children and caregivers based on the professional social work practice, ethic, and values to achieve the sustainable development of the SOS families and future integration of children into their community. Will also be responsible to ensure the timely completion of the family development plans with the active participation of children and caregivers.
The ideal candidate should:
- Hold a first degree in Social Worker, Sociology, Economics or Community Development
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Child Development and Project Management
- Possess positive and professional approach. Highly organized, able to work independently, use initiative, and keep commitments.
- Be a motivated self-starter with initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm
- Strategic thinker combined with practical “ can do’’ attitude
- Possess strong supervisory, organizational and time management skills with precision to meet deadlines.
- Must be knowledgeable in Child Rights and Child Protection Practices
- Have knowledge of national policy developments in the area of youth empowerment, entrepreneurship and employability
- Experience on alternative care, reintegration, , child and young people counselling
- Experience on women economic empowerment
- Team player & ability to cooperate with Heads of departments and projects
Applicants living or residing in and around the job location have an added advantage