Flowserve is looking for a Water Market Development Specialist to proactively identify opportunities and provide leadership and direction to Sales & ComOps Teams so to offer the best possible solution to our customers, thus putting Flowserve in the best position to grow the business.
The candidate will proactively support the end user sales engineers in winning water projects as well as in increasing the day to day water pump business.
Interfacing with End User Sales, ComOps and Operations, you will have to work-out the basic specification and scoping, and ensure our offers are aligned with customer needs and expectations.
Reporting to Director Sales, the candidate will support the prospect / business development phase of the opportunities in the water sector.
- Grow Flowserve business in the Water Market (achieve the annual booking target).
- Improve Flowserve hit rate on Water Projects:
- Proactive early identification of Water Projects throughout the assigned territory.
- Understanding of Project Financing, identification of key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Definition of the sales strategy for each project together with: Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, CommOps Manager, Operations.
- Working with the end users and their consultants, and in cooperation with Flowserve Sales Engineer, CommOps and Engineering, influence pump specifications at the early stage of the projects, focusing on unique features and benefits of our products and total cost of ownership.
- Identify EPC contractors involved with the project and make sure they all receive Flowserve offer.
- Identify ahead of time special challenges like: local content requirements, local packaging, payment in local currency, special T&Cs, etc. and identify / propose possible solutions.
- Track and update water projects (with all the relevant information concerning the development and the status of the opportunity), throughout their entire life, making use of the quotation management system FlowForce.
- Together with the responsible Sales Engineers, review offers before submission to customer, to ensure they are tailor made, compliant with technical specifications and competitively priced.
- Increase Flowserve run rate business in the water market:
- Define the strategy to sell small units for irrigation and general water services.
- Work together with the Distribution Team to identify possible routes to market, including existing Distributors.
- Cooperate with and support existing Distributors.
- Market / product analysis
- Analyze water market trends in terms of main projects and run rate (POs < $ 100k) business, and issue monthly reports.
- Collect information about market level price by pump type and size.
- Identify product portfolio gap both in terms of pump types and in terms of hydraulic coverage.
- Assist the Sales Team through customer presentations promoting Flowserve products and sharing success stories and references.
- Support the Sales Team with the definition and execution of specific Tactical Account Plan initiatives.
- Work with Product Managers to address specific issues.
- Spend the major part of the time together with the Commercial Team and with customers, (60% +) to maintain and build excellent relationships and understanding of the market and customers, additionally identifying other Services and Solutions business opportunities.
- Bachelor Science in Mechanical Engineering / Hydraulic Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 5 year experience in Water Projects, preferably in the pump business. Intimate knowledge of the Water Market and its dynamics.
- Proficient understanding of pump design.
- Pro-active and opportunity driven personality which needs very limited managerial direction and sets and drives his own priorities and activities in accordance to the assigned objectives.
- High level of business acumen and understanding including opportunity evaluation, technical selling capabilities, priority setting, identification of key internal and external stakeholders, definition of sales strategy, sales processes and commercial aspects.
- Interpersonal skills, key to work as a team with the responsible sales engineers / managers and colleagues having shared responsibilities.
- Ability to produce professional market reports to highlight trends, challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to make technical presentations to highlight technical features and benefit of pumps as well as the financial benefits of the proposed solutions.
- Willingness to travel throughout Africa and good awareness / personal flexibility to work in local business culture.
- Proficient language skills in: English (mandatory), French (mandatory), Arabic (preferred), other local languages are a plus.